Friday, April 18, 2008

You My Figeur-oa!

Another nice outing by the Coney Island kid. I'll take 7 IP, 2 runs, 3 hits, 2 walks, 5 k's from what amounts to a #5 any day. Even more impressive is that he's technically standing in for a #2.

Gotta see more of this guy (can't call him a kid since he's a month younger than me--well, maybe I can...) but so far, me likey!

Not much else to say--just had a funny post title and tried to throw something in here...

Oh yeah, and Pelfrey threw 7 scoreless innings!

1 comment:

SheaHeyKid said...

I only got to see Figueroa earlier this year, he came in for one inning of relief out of the pen. It looked to me like his pitches had a good amount of movement on them. I didn't understand why people weren't more excited about him. I'm not saying he'll ever be anything more than a #5 or a #4, but he certainly seems to be an excellent #5 or #4, and we could desperately use that. Having an automatic L in that spot was killing us last year.

As for Pelf throwing zeros for 7 innings, I'm glad he stepped up but hardly what I would call a challenging situation.. The nats have the most anemic offense in baseball! (Worst BA, 4th worst in runs scored.) I would love to see Pelf grow from last season and become useful this year; clearly with Duque and Pedro on the shelf we need anything we can get.