Thursday, April 17, 2008

On fire

Ryan Church continues to tear the ass out of the ball. So does Pagan, I hate to lose him once Alou is back. I wonder how Willie plans to play it. Will he give Alou most of the time until he gets injured, or will he try to split time evenly? Two advantages to splitting more evenly: it should help keep Pagan in a rhythm, and it should also decrease the likelihood of an Alou injury. But my guess is Willie is going to choose a steady Alou presence over a platoon.

1 comment:

SheaHeyKid said...

On batting in the two-hole:

In his second straight game in the two-hole, Ryan Church had two hits, including a solo homer. He had a hit and a walk in that spot on Tuesday, too.

"I love it," Church said. "I've been getting some pitches that I've been able to do something with."


Hmmm, what kind of pitches was he getting before that still allowed him to bat .350?? Kind of amazing that he could be even better going forward!