Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wagner on his Mets return

Here's the article Beetz was referring to (I think), from Mark Hale at the Post.

Many curious quotes in this article. He's basically saying that he's willing to do anything the Mets ask b/c Wilpon's writing his checks, but that he (1) doesn't think the Mets will ask him to do much, b/c he won't be that durable; and (2) he doesn't really want to play for this team other than the fact that he feels he owes it to the owner.

Point 2 is what really interests me. It begs the question. Did he not care for his teammates? His manager? His GM? The fans?

2 comments:

SheaHeyKid said...

Did he not care for his teammates? His manager? His GM? The fans?

No. No. No. No.

I'm guessing there's always been friction between him and teammates (especially other pitchers) because he's always calling them out. I doubt he cares much for the fans. Does any player really like Manuel?

Beetz McDogg said...

Thanks for the assistance Fredo. I knew we kept you around for more then just your looks. Although in Wags defense I don't think i'd like to be in the situation the mets are in now