Friday, July 10, 2009

Let the Trading Begin!

Ryan Church for Jeff Francour.

I'd say we got the better end of the deal here but by no means is this a landslide. Frenchie has an amazing arm, excellent glove and is considered to have plus power. The guy never walks though but at this point I would like to see someone swing a bat.

I was a Church fan from the day we got him and I wish him the best in Atlanta (except when they play us). The guy got a raw deal here and was never allowed to get comfortable.

5 comments:

Fredo said...

Double plus good analysis. I'm with you word-for-word.

Beetz McDogg said...

Looks like Manuel finally got what he wanted. Church gone. I'm a huge Church fan and pissed to see him go Guy had balls. 2 massive concussions in 1 year and still tried to play through it. Sounds like a real man playing the wrong sport. That screams hockey player

SheaHeyKid said...

Francoeur is a good pick-up, I'd say this trade is slightly favorable to us. At worst it's a wash.

Church was just another example of how poorly Mets mgmt handles injuries. This team will ride all of its players into the ground if given the chance.

Fredo said...

The organization's handling of Church has really been a disgrace. They put his health at risk. They ruined his on-field performance by not providing adequate time for him to mend after the first concussion (and the second as well). Then they re-up him when they obviously didn't like the player. Before spring training even hit stride, you had the manager belittling his performance and saying he needed to "prove something to him" if he didn't want to get platooned with Tatis.

I didn't like Church as much as Beetz or D.C., but he was a true major leaguer, at least, who tried to act professionally, and got sabotaged by his own organization.

Beetz McDogg said...

Don't get me wrong I'm glad we finally got a bat that won't be scared of swinging. I'm just glad he finally got out of here for his sake. If I was him I would of requested a trade months ago