Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tomorrow's gonna get really interesting

if this quote from Ramirez captures the mood of the Fish:

"I don't care if it's broke," said Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez, who left the game after being struck on the left hand by a pitch from Maine (X-rays showed the hand was not broken). "I'm gonna play tomorrow. [Screw] everybody on the Mets. I'm going to kick their [butts]."

Not exactly "it's water under the bridge." A beanball-fest ain't out of the question, especially with the Marlins done after tomorrow.

Here's the he-said she-said on how the 2nd bench clear came to pass:

"When they threw the ball behind Castillo, he was saying to me, 'I'm going to throw the ball to third base and hit you.'" Reyes said. "I thought he was kidding with me because he's good friends with me. When he went to the mound he said, 'Do you want to fight?' I said yes because I thought he was kidding with me. He went after me and then I said, 'OK, let's fight then.'"

Olivo responded: "I went to the mound, waiting for the pitcher and Reyes started talking [crap] about me. He told me he wanted to fight. I said OK. [Marlins third baseman Miguel] Cabrera told him, 'Take it easy.' [Reyes] called me to third base and I showed up. He told me, 'Let's you and me fight.' I said, 'OK, let's go.'"

Wha Happened? Neither of these explanations make a lick of sense.

No comments: