Friday, September 28, 2007

Time to bleed Orange & Blue



Sometimes being a Mets fan is all milk & honey. 1986, for example. Then there's...

1986 was a sweet year.

Right now is one of those rough patches. This situation is like one of those long hikes over rugged mountains, wearing only flip-flops and carrying a suitcase of beer in front of you until your back goes out, b/c you thought that when your friend said you were going "camping", that meant pulling up to a campsite and drinking beer, and not hiking overland to a remote river location. But I digress.

If my back has to hurt and I have to delay my beer consumption, I will do so. Because I'm a baseball fan. And a Mets fan. And I bleed Orange & Blue. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow, too.

6 comments:

SheaHeyKid said...

The question is, what do the Mets players bleed? Season on the line, will they man up?

I take you back to 1999, a certain one-game playoff, where a certain Al Leiter manned up and won. Pride, professionalism, winning attitude. That mets team had it. What do these Mets have?

Fredo said...

And what of the fans? I'm manning up and wearing my Mats hat to work today. How about you? Are you manning up?

Fredo said...

D.C.? You getting geared up for today? C'mon boys, we need all the Mets mojo we can muster for one 3 game series!

dark commenteer said...

Wore my mets tee last night and the Wright jersey is clean and ready for action today.

Even the kid has on one of her schmettie onesies.

For what it's worth...

SheaHeyKid said...

I'm pulling for them of course, as I've worn my Mets hat throughout the season. I feel good that Perez will pitch very well tonight and win.

I must state the obvious here though: a tight race down the stretch between two (or more) teams playing well is exciting stuff, and is easy to get fired up for. In the case where another team simply outplayed us and they beat us out, so be it, we tried our best. But that is a far cry from what we are watching now, and it is very difficult to keep getting your hope up only to watch a sloppy, lazy, uninspired team trounce all over it.

Fredo said...

Ya gotta believe