Monday, September 08, 2008

Coles stays classy

I don't know the "right" way to handle it, when your best friend gets uncermoniously dumped by the team, but you could do a lot worse than what Coles has done here. Both in honoring his friend while not becoming a distraction to the team.

Laveranues Coles, who was upset at Chad Pennington being released, yesterday ended his media boycott.

"I just kind of kept to myself and I wanted to wait until this day to finally let it pass us and let it be something that's in the rearview mirror," Coles, who had one catch for five yards, said. "Now it's come and gone and I can return to being me."

Coles said he was the first person Pennington spoke to when he learned he was being released.

"When you develop a special relationship like I had with Chad, of course it's something you take kind of personal," Coles said.

Coles made it clear he has never had a problem with Favre, saying, "There's been no quarrels between Brett and I at all. There has never been since day one."

1 comment:

Beetz McDogg said...

Ummmm. "Shea Hey Kids" blog not Gang Green