Thursday, July 31, 2008

Trade deadline looms

I've heard we might be looking at Raul Ibanez and Jason Bay. Ibanez does very little to help us, unless we get him for Kyle Farnsworth or less.

Bay intrigues me, but realistically, with the way Tatis is hitting, I'm not sure it's an immediate upgrade (Bay could still have several good seasons in front of him, so it's not necessarily a bad idea). Whether that substantively improves our chances this is year is an open question. With F Mart only a season or two away from the bigs, I'm not sure we need another OF at this junction, unless we've determined that Church is done.

The one area where we could clearly use help is in the bullpen. Unfortunately, ditto that for just about every contending team. With the exception of Wagner, is there anyone you have confidence in to get the big out?

P.S. A great story on the danger of deadline trades, here. Only one Met entry. I would've expected worse.

No comments: