Friday, June 20, 2008

You can't be serious, part 2

Wow. All I can say is, wow.

About what, you may ask? About our new pitching coach. The other day after being canned Peterson had a hilarious quote claiming that he [Peterson] was like a hardwood floor that was being ripped out to upgrade to Tuscan tile. All I can say after reviewing the data is that if Peterson is a hardwood floor, Warthen is the equivalent of a pothole-plagued dirt road covered with horse manure. Well played Omar/Wilpon, well played.

4 comments:

Fredo said...

There you go again with stats.

Warthen is

Change you can believe in.

SheaHeyKid said...

I can believe in pedro martinez being done.

SheaHeyKid said...

How about this gem? Talk about not being on the same page:

Veteran infielder Jose Valentin, attempting a comeback at the Mets' Triple-A affiliate in New Orleans, is taking the rest of the season off because of elbow and neck injuries. Valentin, 38, hopes to come back next season, but the Mets expect him to retire.

SheaHeyKid said...

From Pedro:

"I made my pitches," Martinez said. "I can't do anything but just tip my hat to those guys for making contact and making it happen, because the pitches they hit were the pitches I wanted to throw in the location I wanted to throw."

Really Pedro? If those truly were the pitches you wanted in the location you wanted, and you got smacked around by the CRockies (12th in NL in runs), then maybe it's time to evaluate a new game plan or hang it up.