Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Santana

It seems increasingly unlikely we will get Santana, I go back to my earlier post that I don't think we have enough chips to trade compared to Yankees and Sox, both of which are also pursuing Santana. That said, the Twins' asking price is possibly too high for both the Yanks and Sox; I'm not sure either team wants to part with as many of their top prospects as the Twins want. However, the Yankees (having already lost Daisuke to Sox) cannot afford to let Santana go to Sox. A rotation of Beckett, Santana, Schilling, Daisuke, and Wakefield all but guarantees WS for several years in a row. (And that assumes Sox have to part with top prospects Buccholz and Lester to get Santana; if not, they are even stronger.) So Yankees will probably have to bite the bullet if they think Sox are really going to get him.

I'd like to see us talk trade with TB for Kazmir.

No comments: