Monday, July 30, 2007

Worst-case scenario

Say it isn't so!! If true, it looks like Teixeira is a Brave. This is the worst possible scenario. Even worse, I don't see the players given up by Atlanta as causing them a significant setback. Saltalamachhia was certainly looking promising, but I wouldn't even think twice to lose his bat for Tex.

Given Delgado's face-plant this season, and our lack of up-and-coming talent at 1B in minors (is Mike Carp and his .250 average really the future??), not going hard for Teixeira is sort of baffling to me. I understand he comes at a steep price (players to be traded as well as salary after '08), but I can't understand not even being part of the process.

2 comments:

Fredo said...

On the upside, I hear we're going after Gagne hard. Now that we have to give up talent for him.

SheaHeyKid said...

Say, that is good news.. LOL. You must be kidding me. One can only hope we entered the race to drive up the stakes for the Janks and BlowSox. I have zero interest in giving up any prospects to get Gagne. Not sure why Sox are pursuing him either, they already have Papelbon and Okajima, unless they are thinking of creating an arsenal of talent for a really big trade.