Thursday, May 07, 2009

Enjoy it while you can

"That's what I do for a living," Santana said. "I enjoy pitching, regardless of who we're facing or when you're pitching. I think that's what I love. I'm always trying to do my best every time out there. Tonight was a great game, a great atmosphere."

Watching a master work. You don't get the chance too often. And the master has passion for his art. You can see it.

From Newsday:

Santana surrendered only two hits and trimmed his ERA from 1.10 to 0.91, the third lowest in Mets history through the first six starts of the season. David Cone had a 0.76 ERA in 1988 and Nolan Ryan a 0.77 in 1971.

3 comments:

SheaHeyKid said...

If i'm johan, playing for a team that has crappy pitching behind me, and an offense that never shows up when i'm pitching, the only way i could keep my sanity is to spin it this way. Basically, playing for the mets will force him to be the absolute best, most focused pitcher he can possibly be. Playing for this team will probably shave at least 0.5 off his ERA, if not more, out of sheer necessity.

dark commenteer said...

At least we didn't get stuck with Manny--50 game suspension.
Dodgers should sue Manny and Boras for the amount of time he'll miss...

Fredo said...

How 'bout the Manny thing--can we give Omar credit? I wouldn't be surprised if there were murmurings.