Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Johan Santana...

...is not suprisingly disappointed in Twins front office and looking to leave. He's a free agent after '08, but I guarantee he won't be around until then. Especially not with Yankees needing pitching. I would love to see the Mets be one of the teams pursuing him. He's only 28, is one of the most dominant pitchers of his time, and is a strikeout leader. I can only imagine a stable that includes Santana, Pedro, Maine, Perez, Humber/Pelfrey.. I'd even say goodbye to both Humber and Pelfrey for Santana. As good as the upside is for either of them, I haven't heard anyone predicting that they will exceed what Santana has already proven for the last 5 years. I could see Humber, Pelfrey, and Gomez or Gotay for Santana. Whether or not that's attractive enough I guess depends on how much other teams are willing to part with to get Santana, and what Twins really want.

1 comment:

Fredo said...

You give up whatever you have to give up for a guy like Santana, but it won't happen till next season. The deadline's past, and Johann ain't clearing waivers.