Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Pelfrey on the Rotation

According to the Post: If the season started today, the rotation would likely be Santana, Pelfrey, John Maine, Oliver Perez and Fernando Nieve.

“Guys got hurt. I had a bad year, but guys are healthy now and I’m going to bounce back and have a good year. It’s amazing to me how big of a question there is about the rotation [by fans]. I hear about it and I just laugh.”


It's amazing that the fans have questions? Really? After Santana you've got Pelf, whose best season was 3.72 ERA with 110 Ks and a 13-11 record. All other seasons have been ERA > 5. Then you've got Maine, who never seems to be able to physically make it through a full season, and loses focus starting in the 4th inning of every game. As for Perez I can't even comment. Last you've got Niese, an interesting prospect but completely unproven.

Why would the fans have confidence in this rotation?

No comments: