Friday, January 09, 2009

Another Brick in the Wall

Well, the #5 spot is filled.

Tim Redding has signed a 1 yr/2.25m deal with the Metties (incentives may raise the value to 2.5).

I feel much better now. He was far and away the best option for the 5 hole and now I'm not as concerned about Lowe. Don't get me wrong--I still want to see Lowe a s a Met but I think the drop off to Perez or Wolf is much lower than some of the other bottom feeders we were looking at to round out the rotation.

After all, Redding managed to win 10 games for one of the biggest s-box teams in recent history...

And as an aside, I'm reading that Omar prefers Ollie to Lowe (big shocker there).

2 comments:

Fredo said...

This signing makes sense. Tough to argue with. At worst, if he totally craps the box, it's 2 and a quarter down the drain and you go back to Niese who you were thinking of using anyway. But you've got to like your chances better with Redding in '09 anyway.

Everything I've seen to this point has been that the Mets are looking to Lowe. Where did you see that Omar prefers Ollie? And if that's the message he's putting out, might that not just be negotiating leverage for Lowe?

dark commenteer said...

I'm afraid to share the source with you because I don't want to get you as hooked as I am...

mlbtraderumors.com

The site is off the hook and I en up checking it on my Blackberry every hour or so.

I feel terrible...