Friday, March 21, 2008

X-man

Could be X-time again soon..

The Mets are in the market for outfield help, though. A club source said the Amazin's have approached the Pirates about bringing back Xavier Nady but have been rebuffed so far.

There is no question that with Alou and Endy injured, Beltran not 100% (is he ever???), no Milledge and no big bats off the bench Nady would be an upgrade at this point. I don't think he's quite as good as Mets fans seem to remember him as, but he would certainly help the team out a lot at this point.

Nice to see Santana and Maine both settling in. Pedro looks good too, so if Perez can settle down we're in good shape. I anticipate El Duque is useless this season unless in bullpen and even then I'm not sure, and Sanchez will probably spend a good chunk of time on DL this season. Even if he starts the season he seems so fragile at this point I expect he'll re-injure himself.

2 comments:

Beetz McDogg said...

You know it could be worse. Last week I heard they were shopping Angel Pagan to try to get CoCoa Crisp. That's all we need another center fielder and another outfielder without a stick. Plus I refuse to call anyone older then 2 Cocoa

Fredo said...

Beetz!!!!

Good to see you over here, man!

BTW, maybe it's just me, but I was always luke on Xavier when he was over here. I didn't hate him like SHK, but I wasn't swooning like all the FAN callers.

Alou/Beltran/Milledge would've been solid this year. Would've been.