Monday, March 24, 2008

Tracking the #s

Updated #s:

3.15 / 2.00 / 1.78 / 5.79 / not fit for viewing

These are the ERAs of Johan, Pedro, Maine, Perez, and two guys who surely will do more to help us this season by riding the bench than playing.

At least the top 3 seem to be settling in, especially Maine. I have little reason to expect that Perez will be any different than his binomial jekyll/hyde routine from last year, alternating brilliant outings with stuff more fit for a compost heap. At this point I just don't even begin to know who you pick as the 5th starter. As I've already mentioned I don't see how Duque can possibly adjust at this age to an entirely new delivery, whereas Pelfrey appears to have made no progress from last year. Additionally, I think Sanchez is much further behind in his rehab than they are letting on, and we'll be lucky to even see him for half the season, which is a big hole for the 'pen.

No comments: