Friday, March 27, 2009

Well, it's definitely been a big year for the Big East

And, let's be honest, they're pretty much due. What's it been, 15 years since the conference was supposedly "back" and Felipe Lopez graced the cover of SI?

Of course, it can't be a great feeling to have the success come on the back of a bunch of questionably ethical decisions for the conference's flagship programs; like Boeheim getting Syracuse to wipe the slate clean for his star 2-guard after the university had suspended him for the year. Or Calhoun's program potentially crumbling under his feet due to substantial recruiting violations.

Still, there's no way to knock Wright and 'Nova, or Dixon and Pitt. I'll be rooting for those two schools the rest of the way. I'm also a big Izzo fan, and would love to see the Spartans make a run.

2 comments:

SheaHeyKid said...

I've got pitt winning it all, and i've always been a huge fan of 'nova.

I'm sure SJU's turnaround is right around the corner. I'm sure.

Fredo said...

I should also update my post by saying I'd love to see Oklahoma get to the final four and take down the Heels. How can I not root for Capel?

In 5-10 years, if Capel manages a prolonged period of success, I wouldn't be surprised to see him wind up coaching Duke when K steps down.