Saturday, March 21, 2009

So after Black Friday for the ACC,

and the absolute demolition of Wake Forest by the juggernaut known as Cleveland State, I felt compelled to go check out the fan boards over at WakeInsider.com.

Some real gems from a thread entitled, "Well.....im going to get ******* drunk":

I hate my father for accepting a job at Wake during my mailable years. he is a jerk for allowing me to fall in love with this University. i want to cry. i want to break ****. i want to punch baby animals. and i want to do worse. instead. i will sit here at home...mope...and drink. **** My Life.

Wow. Then there's the poor preparer:

I am out of beer like a dumbass. My only option is my girlfriend's premixed cosmos or long island iced teas in the fridge. I am drinking them as fast as I can pour.

FML

The same poster later came back with an update:
This stuff is disgusting. I want to pass out from drunkenness but am wide awake from sugar overload. Plus I want to kill someone.

Ah yes, that homicidal feeling that awakens when you realize your team that you were imagining getting to the final four just crapped the bed in the first 2 rounds for the seemingly 10th time in a row.


This last quote is great too. It starts with a list of alcohol consumed. Pretty standard, really. It moves on to take the defeat with stoic optimism, and is then compeletly overwhelmed with dread:
12 pack dead.
1/2 bottle stoli dead
1 sparks dead

we move on. we strong Deac fans must move on. but for tonight...we drink our ******* faces off.

God hates us all.


I offer these little glimpses as foreshadowing of my mood tomorrow night, should Texas eliminate Duke.

No comments: