Thursday, February 26, 2009

Vintage quotes from athletes and coaches

"I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."
-George Rogers, N.O. Saints RB

"He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings."
-Torrin Polk, Univ. of Houston reciever

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theismann, football commentator

"You guys line up alphabetically by height."
"You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle."
-Bill Peterson, FSU football coach

"I told him, 'What is it with you son, ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'"
-Frank Layden, Utah Jazz President, on a former player

"Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject."
-Shelby Metcalf, Texas A&M basketball coach, recounting what he told a player who received four F's and one D.

No comments: