Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A-rod

Hmmm, A-rod to mets after this season? The rumor had been floating before the season, and perhaps some recent comments by A-rod might support that:

"I want to stay in New York, no matter what," Rodriguez said in the Yankees' third-base dugout before Tuesday night's game at Tampa Bay.

"I love New York. It's the greatest place for me to play."


Interesting that he only referred to "New York", never to the Yankees. My conspiracy theory says that was intentional, leaving himself open to possibility of a little cross-town move.

1 comment:

dark commenteer said...

I'd welcome him--as long as he is comfy on th right side of the infield.

I know that if A-Rod is performing at his optimal level, neither Reyes or Wright (or anyone in the history of baseball) can carry his jock but I do not want to see either of them displaced.

Hell, if he was willing to move for the whiner maybe he'd be willing to take 2nd until Carlos D is done at 1st (which at this rate could be 3 weeks ago...)