Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ding dong, the Schott is gone

While I was never as rabidly anti-Schott as a lot of the jets fan base, I was also strongly in the camp that didn't care for all his fancy play calling and thought he was holding back our offense. IMO he had to go, and possibly so does Sanchez. I'm willing to give Sanchez one more season under a new coordinator and system, but to say he's on thin ice is an understatement,

In any case I look forward to a more straightforward offense next season that undertands our strengths and plays to them.

I also hope that tannenbaum and co. have learned their lesson that you can't just swap out that many pieces, especially solid locker room guys, and expect a cohesive team. They failed to observe the greatest lesson from belisuck - you don't need the best players at every position, but you DO need a team that is smart and plays together as a well-oiled machine. In contrast, the three ring circus that is the jets continues to be dragged out in the public spotlight.

After the progress in 2009 and 2010, last season was a real kick in the sack.

2 comments:

Fredo said...

While I argued for bringing Schott back, this is clearly a big wart removed prior to next season. One less point of distraction.

I'm also happy they got Sparano. In fact, I think it was a great first step towards ousting Rex and letting Tony take the reins completely.

Beetz McDogg said...

I agree for the most part about schotty. I think he was holding back cause of lack of faith in Sanchize, he's got a good arm but he has the same problem Eli had. Throwing off the back foot. But some of the blame has to fall on rex also. If you dont like the fact they threw 60 times on the Giants ask yourself why didn't rex talk to shotty. He's to fixated on the D. Maybe he should go back to d coordinator then head coach