Monday, June 07, 2010

Pitchers

Well, I have to say I am pleasantly surprised at the season Pelfrey has put together so far. 8-1 with a 2.39 ERA, he has been dominant so far. Who knows how the rest of the season plays out, but if he keeps it up he will be well on his way to validating his top-10 draft pick status.

Now, to revisit an earlier discussion, let's compare Folly Perez to D. Lowe. Perez: 0-3 with 6.28 ERA and now mercifully on DL. Lowe: 8-4 with 4.44 ERA and 1.39 WHIP. Now, I will grant that Lowe is not quite as good as I would have hoped, and at $15 M/yr is overpriced. But, he's not necessarily that overpriced, and the Mets would certainly benefit from having him in the rotation instead of Ollie at $12 M/yr.

4 comments:

Fredo said...

Yeah, but Oliver.

Fredo said...

Having reviewed my previous comment, and realizing that I've been doing this for a few years, I have come to the conclusion that I'm not very good at this whole blogging thing.

dark commenteer said...

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

SheaHeyKid said...

Yeah, but on the other hand.